The Flames knock off 1st place High Point in a thrilling game at the Vines Center. Here’s our Rapid Reactions:
- John Dawson. Wow. He hit the game winning shot in the final seconds. He did the same thing at Coastal Carolina just a couple weeks ago. Dawson was scoreless in the 1st half, but was 5/6 from the floor in the 2nd including the game winner. He finished with 11 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists.
- It’s not like High Point didn’t play well. John Brown, the preseason Big South player of the year, had 22 points. The Panthers shot 55% from the floor, shot 15 more free throws, and out-rebounded Liberty. The Flames’ took the top team in the conference’s best shot and still won.
- A. C. Reid led the team with 15 points on 5/8 shooting from 3.
- Ezra Talbert had one of his best performances, finishing with 14 points. He knocked down all 3 3-pointers he attempted.
- The team was 13/27 from 3 on the afternoon. 6 different Flames connected from deep.
- In what seems like a first this season, Liberty dominated in bench points. The Flames outscored High Point 33-6 from the bench.
- This was a great game with 17 lead changes and 8 ties.
- Liberty is now 4-5 in Big South play and travels to Boiling Springs, North Carolina to face Gardner-Webb on Wednesday.