Liberty (6-17, 0-10) is at Winthrop (12-10, 7-4) Wednesday night at 7pm. Here’s what you need to know about the Eagles:
1. Liberty lost to Winthrop in the first meeting between the two teams earlier this season, 71-56.
The game was played in Lynchburg, and Keon Moore led the way with 22 points.
2. Winthrop won despite shooting 38% from the field.
They only shot 6/27 (22%) from 3-point range, but still got the win. The Eagles led by as many as 21 points.
3. The Flames were 0/10 from 3-point range and committed 20 turnovers.
It ended a streak of 318 straight games with a made 3 pointer.
4. Winthrop is 3-1 since playing Liberty.
They beat Campbell, Coastal Carolina, and Charleston Southern while losing to red-hot Radford on Saturday.
5. The Eagles are in the midst of 3 games in 5 days.
As mentioned, they lost to Radford on Saturday, and beat Charleston Southern on Monday night.
The Flames lost won at Winthrop in 2004, and are 1-17 in Rock Hill since 1998.
Liberty finished the 1998-99 season with an 0-10 mark in conference play, but has never dropped their first 11 conference games.