The Flames are seeking its first 6 game win streak in 9 years tonight at High Point (14-8, 7-4). Here’s what you need to know:
1. High Point is just 2-4 in their last 6 games.
After starting 5-0 in league play, they have struggled and are now just a half game ahead of Liberty in the Big South Standings.
2. The Flames defeated High Point on a snowy Saturday in Lynchburg on January 23rd, 69-67.
John Dawson hit the game winning shot in the final seconds of the game, but only finished with 11 points, his lowest output in 10 Big South games.
3. High Point shot 55% from the floor, attempted 15 more free throws, and out-rebounded the Flames in the last meeting.
The Flames’ took the Panthers’ best shot and still won.
4. Preseason Big South Player of the Year John Brown had 22 points against the Flames last month.
Brown leads the Big South in scoring at 20.4 points per game. He also leads the league in field goal percentage and is 4th in rebounds.
5. Lorenzo Cugini is High Point’s 2nd leading scorer (12.3).
He’s shooting 52.6% from 3-point range, a mark that would have leading the country if he had enough attempts. Cugini was 1/4 from 3 and finished with 10 points in the teams’ previous meeting.
His only loss was in his first visit to High Point in 2008.
Liberty’s last win was in 2012, 84-78.