Liberty has started conference play at 5-1 following a perfect week at home this past week. The Flames, picked as the preseason favorite to win the ASUN for a fourth time in five years, is currently in a four way tie for first place in the conference alongside Stetson, Eastern Kentucky, and Kennesaw State.
This week, Liberty heads to the Sunshine State for two games, first at Jacksonville on Thursday and then North Florida on Saturday. Liberty is currently 14-5 on the season.
Here’s a roundup of where the Flames are being projected to play in the NCAA Tournament by several outlets:
- ESPN’s Joe Lunardi has Liberty back in his bracket this week. He currently has the Flames as a 12-seed taking on 5-seed Illinois in Orlando.
- Jerry Palm and CBS Sports has the Flames as a 13-seed and facing 4-seed Kansas State in Orlando. The winner would then face either Auburn or Kent State.
- Bracketville has the Flames as a 13 seed and playing 4 seed Virginia in Greensboro.
- Number Fire has Liberty as a 13-seed currently.
- Heat Check CBB has Liberty as a 13-seed and playing No.4 seed Iowa State.
- Inside the Hall has Liberty as a 13-seed and playing 4-seed Iowa State in Orlando.
- BracketMatrix.com currently has the Flames as a 13-seed while being projected into the field by 52 of the 73 bracket projections ranging from a 12 to a 15 seed with an average of 13.15.