Liberty has started conference play at 13-3 following a split in their two games this past week at Kennesaw State and Jacksonville State. The Flames, picked as the preseason favorite to win the ASUN for a fourth time in five years, continue to be in a tie for first place in the conference alongside Kennesaw State after the Owls were upset on Saturday by Queens.
This week, Liberty is in the final week of the regular season and the Flames can at least ensure a share of the regular season title with wins over Queens in their two meetings, beginning on Wednesday before the regular season finale on Friday.
Here’s a roundup of where the Flames are being projected to play in the NCAA Tournament by several outlets:
- ESPN’s Joe Lunardi has dropped Liberty out of his bracket and has Kennesaw State as a 15-seed.
- Jerry Palm and CBS Sports has the Flames as a 13-seed and facing 4-seed Indiana in Albany.
- Bleacher Report has Liberty as a 13-seed and playing 4-seed Xavier in Orlando.
- Sporting News has moved Kennesaw State into their bracket projection as a 15-seed.
- USA Today has Kennesaw State in their bracket projection as a 15-seed.
- Bracketville has the Flames as a 14 seed and playing 3-seed Virginia in Greensboro.
- Number Fire has Liberty as a 12-seed currently and playing 5-seed Indiana.
- Heat Check CBB has Kennesaw State as a 14-seed in their projection this week.
- Blogging the Bracket has Kennesaw State as a 15-seed this week.
- BracketMatrix.com currently has the Flames as a 13-seed while being projected into the field by 71 of the 108 bracket projections ranging from a 12 to a 14 seed with an average of 12.66.