The Liberty Flames (7-4) return to Liberty Arena on Monday to take on Grambling State (6-4) in the final Division I regular season non-conference game for the Flames this season..
This game will be much more challenging for Liberty than originally anticipated when it was scheduled. The Tigers have already won more non-conference games than they have in any of the previous three campaigns, including marquee wins against Colorado and Vanderbilt. Three of their losses have come against top 100 teams, all on the road, against Grand Canyon, Arizona State, and Virginia Tech.
Grambling has been in Virginia the past couple days, as they played in Blacksburg on Saturday afternoon. They lost to the Hokies, 74-48.
Here’s everything you need to know for Monday’s matchup:
How to Watch – Liberty Flames (7-4) vs Grambling State (6-4)
- Date: Monday, Dec. 19, 2022
- Start Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
- TV: ESPN+
- Online Streaming: Watch ESPN
- Radio (Lynchburg): LFSN Radio (107.5 FM)
Odds and Statistics
- KenPom currently gives Liberty an 85 percent chance to win the game with a predicted score of 70-59.
- ESPN’s Basketball Power Index currently gives Liberty an 87.7 percent chance to win the game.
- N/A, this will be the first ever meeting between the two programs
Stat Leaders (2022 Season)
- Points: Darius McGhee – 21.5 PPG
- Rebounds: Joseph Venzant – 5.5 RPG
- Assists: Kyle Rode – 4.0 APG
Liberty HC Ritchie McKay Pre-Grambling: