Liberty (8-9, 3-1) hits the road for the first of 2 straight away from the Vines Center as they face High Point (7-9, 1-3) on Wednesday. Tip-off is scheduled for 7pm.
1. The Panthers are losers of 3 straight.
After beating Gardner-Webb on the road to open conference play, High Point has dropped 3 straight, including a pair of home games to Longwood and Winthrop.
2. HPU was blown out by UNCA, 88-58, on Saturday.
Asheville shot 57% from the field and 62% from 3 as they led the Panthers throughout.
3. Three Panthers average double figure scoring.
Led by Miles Bowman, Jr who averages 13.3 points per game. Andrew Fox (13.1) and Anthony Lindauer (10.4) round out High Point’s leading scorers.
4. Miles Bowman, Jr. is 2nd in the Big South in rebounding.
The 6’6″, redshirt-junior is averaging 9 boards per game, and has recorded a double-double in 7 out of the 11 games he has played in this season.
5. High Point played one similar opponent in the non-conference portion of their schedule, defeating UNC Greensboro.
The Panthers knocked off the Spartans, 63-57, while Liberty fell to UNCG, 72-65.
6. Liberty won both meetings a season ago.
The Flames beat the Panthers by a combined margin of 6 points.
7. Coach McKay is 5-1 against the Panthers in his time at Liberty.
The Flames lead the all-time series with High Point, 21-16.