A tale of two halves as the Liberty Flames fall to the William & Mary Tribe 71-59. What we learned against William & Mary:
|Photo courtesy of LibertyFlames.com|
- Liberty is still a work in progress, and it will just take some time for these guys to gel.
- The Flames showed in the first half they have the potential to compete at a high level; just need to do it for a full 40 minutes.
- Davon Marshall loves that pull-up jumper in transition, and he’s money on those shots.
- 2 games in a row, where Layer has played 10 guys significant minutes. No way that continues especially with 3 guys out with injury that will be in the rotation once healthy.
- The team lacks an offensive identity. When going through long cold spells, who will the team turn to for a pivotal bucket?
- Perhaps that individual will be senior Tavares Speaks who led the team with 15 points.
- Casey Roberts, even as a walk-on deserves playing time.
- Jourdan was aggressive in the opening minutes, but disappeared most of the rest of the night.
Liberty now heads to the nation’s capital to take on Georgetown on Wednesday at 7pm in the Verizon Center. This is the first of 4 games Liberty will play in the Legends Classic.