Liberty (16-10, 11-2) aims to remain in first place in the Big South and keep its 5 game win streak alive as it plays host to Charleston Southern (8-16, 4-9) on Saturday at 2pm.
1. The Buccaneers have lost 4 of their past 5 games.
Their only win came last Saturday at home against Presbyterian in overtime.
2. The Flames defeated CSU, 81-70, on New Year’s Eve in Charleston.
That win put an end to Charleston Southern’s 5 game winning streak over the Flames.
3. Liberty has not beaten the Bucs in the Vines Center since 2011.
The Flames have lost 4 straight meetings, including last year, with Liberty’s last win over CSU at home coming on January 6, 2011.
4. Christian Keeling leads CSU in scoring, averaging 16.8 points per game.
That mark puts the 6’3″ freshman 4th in the Big South behind Chris Clemons, Keon Johnson, and Ahmad Thomas.
5. Keeling also leads the Bucs in rebounding.
He’s averaging 6.5 boards per game, good for 7th in the league.
6. Charleston Southern ranks dead last in the Big South in 3-point field goal percentage.
The Bucs are shooting just 33.4% from deep this season. Meanwhile, the Flames are holding opponents to 32.8% shooting from 3.
7. KenPom gives the Flames an 85% chance at the win.
KenPom’s projected score is Liberty 73, CSU 62.