Liberty will participate in the final season of the ESPN BracketBusters event on February 23, 2013. The Flames will be a home team, and matchups are scheduled to be announced on January 28th. Matchups are typically driven by 2 things: similarly ranked teams and geography. There are 13 nationally televised matchups which are selected by ESPN; a committee of conference commissioners determines the non-televised games. Based on the teams pre-selected as home & away and teams with RPI’s similar to Liberty, the following teams are most likely to be paired with the Flames:
- Ball State – RPI 234, 508 miles from Lynchburg
- Manhattan – RPI 256, 416 miles from Lynchburg
- Bowling Green – RPI 291, 507 miles from Lynchburg
- Austin Peay – RPI 337, 538 miles from Lynchburg
- Citadel – RPI 347, 395 miles from Lynchburg
Liberty’s RPI is currently 339.
Click here for a full list of participating teams.