1. The Trojans are one of the most successful G5 programs in the country.
Troy has 26 wins over the last 3 seasons, tied for the 8th most in the country and the most among G5 programs. Troy is 12-1 in their last 13 games and have won 7 straight road contests.
2. Neal Brown is in his 4th season as head coach.
After a 4-8 mark in his first season, Brown’s teams have put together consecutive 10+ win seasons and two straight bowl wins.
3. Starting QB Kaleb Barker tore his ACL in Troy’s last game.
His backup, Sawyer Smith, will get the start against Liberty Saturday. Smith has played in all 6 games this season, completing 22-of-34 pass attempts for 213 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions. He’s also rushed for 153 yards on 21 carries.
4. Troy’s defense is one of the best in creating havoc.
The Trojans rank 8th in the country in sacks and 7th in turnovers caused.
5. This will be the 3rd ever meeting on the gridiron between the Flames and Trojans.
The two programs met previously as FCS programs, splitting a pair of games in 1992 and 1993.