1. The Mean Green are good, really good.
UNT will come to town sporting a 3-0 record this season and fresh off an impressive rout of Arkansas, 44-17. North Texas has also won by big margins against SMU (46-23) and Incarnate Word (58-16), and they are receiving votes in bot the AP and Coaches’ polls.
2. Mason Fine is good, really good.
The North Texas junior quarterback is 5th in all of FBS football with 1,143 passing yards so far this year. He’s completed 66% of his passes and has already thrown 8 touchdowns to just 1 interception.
3. North Texas is led by 3rd year head coach Seth Littrell.
He has a 17-13 record at UNT, including a 9-5 mark in 2017, and he has led the Mean Green to a bowl game in each of his first two seasons.
4. UNT pulled off one of the craziest trick plays you will see all season.
If you haven’t already, check out this great SB Nation piece on all that went in to pulling that play off.
5. The Mean Green defense has improved greatly from their 2017 counterparts.
Last season, North Texas surrendered 35 points and 426.7 yards of total offense per game. This year, those numbers are just 18.67 points and 296 yards of offense per game.