Coming off their first Big South Conference road victory, the Liberty Flames return to the Vines Center to take on High Point tonight at 6pm. What you need to know about the Panthers:
- Will Brown play? Freshman sensation John Brown was injured Wednesday night in the Panthers’ victory over Longwood. He only played 12 points recording just 5 points and 0 rebounds. He left the game early with an apparent arm injury. John Brown is averaging a team-leading 16.6 points per game and 6.3 rebounds per game. His 16.6 points per game average is 4th highest in the conference. Brown has also been a human highlight reel with numerous dunks that have appeared on Sportscenter’s Top 10 Plays.
- High Point is 9-3 in the conference which leads the Big South’s North Division.
- With victories this week over Liberty and VMI, High Point will clinch the top spot in the North Division.
- The Panthers have won 5 consecutive contests.
- High Point is also paced by forward Allan Chaney who is 2nd on the team in scoring (14.3) and 1st in rebounding (7.7).