Liberty picks up their 2nd conference win against Radford tonight, 80-69. Here’s our Rapid Reactions:
- The Flames held their first halftime lead in conference play this season and just their 2nd in 26 games against Division I opponents all season. The only other occurrence was on November 22nd against Miami (OH).
- The 80 points are a season high for Liberty against Division I opponents this season.
- Theo Johnson finished with 26 points, a career high. Drew Smith had 20 points. It’s the first time this season 2 players scored 20 points in the same game.
- The stat of the night was the disparity at the free throw line. Liberty shot 30/37 while Radford was just 6/12.
- The Flames, who have struggled with turnovers all season, finished the game with just 13. Point guards Joe Retic and Jordan Dembley spent much of the final 6-7 minutes of the game on the court at the same time.
- Even with the win, Liberty is locked in to the #11 seed in the Big South Tournament thanks to Campbell’s win over Winthrop tonight. The Flames will face the 6 seed on Wednesday.
- Regular season finale is Saturday afternoon at the Vines Center against UNC-Asheville.