For the first time in the Hugh Freeze era, the Flames have released an official depth chart.
First Liberty football depth chart under Coach Freeze pic.twitter.com/FU8SMwKQUi
— A Sea of Red (@ASeaofRed) August 26, 2019
The most notable takeaways for each side of the ball:
- With injuries at receiver, the Flames are thin on the outside. Kevin Shaa is currently slotted as one starter on the outside in place of Noah Frith who is out with a fractured foot. Khaleb Coleman and C.J. Yarbrough are questionable. Freeze says, if needed, he will utilize one of the slot receivers on the outside and Damian King would be the first slot guy to move outside.
- No real surprises on the offensive line. JUCO transfer Maisen Knight would be the 11th lineman, if needed.
- Hickson and Pickett the only backs listed, but expect to see Joshua Mack get his opportunities as well.
- Buckshot is the starter, no surprise there, with true freshman Johnathan Bennett listed behind him.
- JUCO transfer Waylen Cozad gets the nod as starter at WILL line backer ahead of Amarii Jenkins. Those two have gone back and forth all camp.
- At one point during camp, Ceneca Espinoza was struggling to make the 2-deep. Now, he’s listed as a starter. Some of that could have to deal with Isaac Steele who is dealing with an injury. Steele is also questionable.