The Liberty Flames (14-5, 5-1) and Jacksonville Dolphins (10-7, 3-3) will meet Thursday night in Florida.
After advancing to the ASUN Tournament Final last year during Jordan Mincy’s first year as head coach, the Dolphins were picked to finish second in the conference this year during the preseason. Jacksonville is very good on their home floor, having won all 21 games at Swisher Gym under Coach Mincy, including a 6-0 mark at home this season.
Here’s everything you need to know for Thursday’s matchup:
How to Watch – Liberty Flames (14-5, 5-1) vs Jacksonville (10-7, 3-3)
- Date: Thursday, Jan. 19, 2023
- Start Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
- TV: ESPN+
- Online Streaming: Watch ESPN
- Radio (Lynchburg): LFSN Radio (107.5 FM)
Odds and Statistics
- KenPom currently gives Liberty a 64 percent chance to win the game with a predicted score of 63-58.
- ESPN’s Basketball Power Index currently gives Liberty a 68.3 percent chance to win the game.
- Liberty leads the all-time series, 8-1.
- All of the prior meetings in the series have come since Liberty joined the ASUN prior to the 2018-19 season.
- The two teams split last year’s series with each team winning on their home floor. Jacksonville defeated the Flames in Swisher Gym last February 12, 73-69.
- Darius McGhee’s 30 points weren’t enough as Kevion Nolan’s 20 points paced the Dolphins in the win.
Stat Leaders (2022 Season)
- Points: Darius McGhee – 21.4 PPG
- Rebounds: Joseph Venzant – 5.3 RPG
- Assists: Kyle Rode – 4.1 APG
Ritchie McKay Press Conference Pre-Jacksonville