There are currently 122 brackets submitted to BracketMatrix.com. We went through every single one of them and tabulated the most popular picks for Liberty. Many of these brackets didn’t pick matchups but just seed lists while others didn’t pick no locations for the matchup projections.
MOST FREQUENT TEAM MATCHUP
- BYU was picked as Liberty’s opponent in 14 of the brackets, by far the most of any team.
- Auburn was picked as Liberty’s matchup in 9 brackets.
- Butler was the opponent of choice for the Flames in 8 brackets.
- Wisconsin was picked 6 times to be Liberty’s first round opponent.
- Ohio State was tabbed as Liberty’s opponent 5 times.
- Other teams selected included Maryland, Louisville, Penn State, Iowa, Villanova, West Virginia, Arizona, Houston, Kentucky.
MOST FREQUENT SITE
We discussed where the Flames could be headed of the 8 regional sites on Monday, here are the most popular projections among the brackets we reviewed:
- Tampa was the most popular pick, checking in 10 times.
- Liberty was projected to play in Sacramento and Spokane 8 times each.
- Omaha was the destination for the Flames in 5 brackets.
- St. Louis was the pick on 3 occasions.
- Greensboro, by far the closest to Lynchburg, was only the choice on two occasions.
- Albany and Cleveland were selected once each.