It’s the final week of our Bold Predictions Challenge and it’s coming down to the wire; good luck in your final chance to claim your tickets to a 2016 Liberty away game of choice.
I won’t be posting the score this week in an effort to discourage using the scores to your strategic advantage in picking this final week, but know that it is certainly very close. Look out for the final scoreboard to be posted early next week, as this week’s challenge won’t be finalized until the Big South awards are announced.
Good luck picking!
1. How many yards of total offense will there be?
A) less than 700
The offensive talent that is showcased in this matchup is incredible. Woodrum, Ross, Henderson, Petey, etc..
2.Which value will be greater this week?
A) Mike Tolbert’s carries
B) Walt Aikens’ tackles
Aikens is coming off a 9 tackle game, but overall, Tolbert has him beat at 26 carries to 24 tackles on the year.
A) Zac Parker
B) Dante Shells
C) B.J. Farrow
4. Who will win
5. Which will be longer?
A) John Lunsford’s longest made field goal of the game.
B) The longest play from scrimmage of the game.
6. What will be the game’s final margin?
A) 7.5 or more
B) 7 points
C) 6.5 or less
7. Which of these players won’t score a touchdown Thusday (could have multiple or none correct)?
A) Des Rice
B) Darrin Peterson
C) Todd Macon
8. Will John Lunsford have a kickoff returned?
No I don’t mean returned for a touchdown, I’m just asking if Lunsford will leave a ball in play that Coastal decides to return at all.
Bold Predictions (pick 4)
1. De’Angelo Henderson is not the game’s leading rusher.
The Carolina Panthers, and former Coastal Carolina corner, is having a breakout 2015 campaign. So far he’s recorded three interceptions on the year.
3. I (Troy Moore) make it onto national television on a shot with less than 30 people.
I know most of you don’t know what I look like, but my parents will certainly be watching for me in the first nationally televised game in Williams Stadium. I’ll be with the Jerry’s Jokers crew so it is certainly a possibility that this is the week I finally make it big.
4. No Big South Players of the Week are from Liberty or Coastal.
Offense, Defense, Special Teams, Freshman. Winning any of these player of the week awards would count against this prediction.
5. No Justin Bieber songs are played at the stadium from the time of kickoff until the end of the game.
With the release of his highly anticipated album, Purpose, it seems that a Bieber appearance is inevitable.
6. A fullback or tight end scores for Liberty.
I know I keep doing this one and it keeps not happening, but I just feel like if the Flames are inside the 5, there is a good chance Buddy Edwards takes it in.
7. There is a go-ahead field goal attempt with less than 30 seconds on the game-clock.
Because that’s what happens in the Liberty/Coastal game.
8. CSU keeps it within 25 points against Alabama.
…. you never know
9. Pick BOTH the Big South Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year. (Write-in)
10. 1 free point.
Feel free to take a free point if you aren’t feeling particularly confident on a 4th Bold Prediction, but do note that it is only worth 1/5th the value of correct prediction.
MAKE SURE YOU PICKED 4 BOLD PREDICTIONS, AS I HAVE GIVEN YOU THE CHANCE TO GET AN EXTRA ONE IN THE FINAL WEEK!