Liberty (6-8, 0-1) plays host to Presbyterian (4-10, 0-1) at 7pm on Saturday inside the Vines Center. Here’s what you need to know about the Blue Hose:
1. All 4 of Presby’s wins have come against non-Division I opponents.
They have beaten the likes of Piedmont, Toccoa Falls, Bob Jones, and Montreat.
2. The Blue Hose are 0-10 against Division I opponents.
PC has a relatively tough nonconference Division I schedule losing to Duke (113-44), American (63-38), Louisiana Tech (76-48), and Wofford (66-45).
3. Presbyterian has a KenPom ranking of 348.
PC’s RPI is 342. These compare to Liberty’s KenPom ranking of 314 and RPI of 351.
4. Jordan Downing is the 5th leading scorer in the Big South.
He’s averaging 17.1 points per game this year which is down slightly from his 20.2 average a year ago. Downing scored 28 in their conference opener Wednesday.
5. William Truss leads PC with 8.6 rebounds per game.
That mark ranks 3rd in the Big South, but is also down from his 9 rebounds he averaged last year.
6. The Blue Hose lost at home to Gardner-Webb, 81-64, in their conference opener.
Presby was outrebounded by the Runnin’ Bulldogs, 34-22, and outscored 11-2 on second-chance points.
7. Liberty won the only meeting between the schools, 65-53, last year.
Tomasz Gielo led the Flames with 13 points and 8 boards.