Liberty (6-15, 0-8) hosts High Point (16-5, 7-2) tonight at 7pm. Here’s what you need to know about the Panthers:
1. They are in 1st place in the Big South with a mark of 7-2.
The Panthers only losses have come against Coastal Carolina and Radford.
2. High Point owns 3 road victories in league play this season.
They have defeated Winthrop, Gardner-Webb, and Presbyterian. Their only road loss in conference play came against Radford on January 22nd.
3. John Brown was named the Big South Preseason Player of the Year.
This comes following his selection as the Big South Player of the Year following the 2013-14 season. Brown is averaging 18.6 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
4. The Panthers are the best shooting team in the Big South.
They are shooting 47.7% from the field and 37% from 3-point range this season, both are tops in the conference.
The Panthers finished 12-4 in league play and advanced to the NIT after falling in the Big South Tournament to Winthrop.
6. Scott Cherry is in his 6th season as head coach of the Panthers.
He holds an 89-86 overall record and 56-39 Big South mark. High Point has advanced to the postseason in each of the last 2 seasons.
HPU won in Lynchburg, 76-70, and in High Point, 67-60.