A few notes following Liberty’s loss to Princeton, 65-47:
- Did we really expect much else? A double digit road loss to a below average Division I team. Princeton entered the night at 262 in RPI according to RealTimeRPI.com.
- The Flames hung around f or a good portion of the game, trailing by just 4 at halftime. The Tigers would stretch their lead as Liberty scored just 3 points during nearly a 6 minute span late in the 2nd half.
- Liberty continues to struggle with turnovers, finishing with 21 in the game. Liberty’s starting point guard, Joe Retic, had just 2 assists and 5 turnovers on the evening.
- Only 2 Flames scored in double figures, as David Andoh and The Johnson each finished with 10 points.
- Liberty’s starting guards, Retic and Peter Moller, combined to shoot 2/13 from the field. The pair finished with a combined 11 points, 3 assists, and 6 turnovers. Without leading scorer Tomasz Gielo, LU needs offensive production from Retic and Moller to be competitive.
- The Flames conclude their nonconference slate with a yawner against Cincinnati Christian on Sunday before opening conference play on New Years’ Eve at Campbell.