The Flames get the win as they narrowly knock off Longwood, 69-68. Here’s our rapid reactions:
- It’s Liberty’s first ever win in 15 tries at Willett Hall. Glad that streak is over.
- The Flames extend their win streak to 7 games, Liberty’s longest streak since 2004.
- Liberty won despite not scoring in the final 3:30 of the game. The Flames were 0/3 from the field, 0/2 from the free throw line and had 2 turnovers in the final 3 minutes of the game.
- Lovell Cabbil, who entered the game making 14 straight free throws, missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with 26 seconds left. after Longwood connected on a pair of free throws to cut the lead to 1, Caleb Homesley missed the front end of a 1-and 1.
- A.C. Reid finished the game with 20 points, tying his career high. He made a career-high 6 three pointers. John Dawson and Caleb Homesley each had 13 points.
- Evan Maxwell only played 16 minutes as he was plagued by foul trouble. He fouled out in the final 4 minutes of the game, finishing with 4 points.
- Liberty shot 53% from 3, knocking down 16 3-pointers on the afternoon.
- Coach McKay and the Flames are just 1 game behind Big South leaders UNC-Asheville and Winthrop. The top 4 Big South teams are separated by just 1 game. If High Point wins tonight, the top 5 teams will be separated by just 1 game.
- The Flames return home for their next 2 games, beginning with Radford on Thursday night.