Liberty falls to 0-2 in conference play after falling to VMI 82-69 in Lexington last night. What we learned against the Keydets:
|Rodney Glasgow attempts a shot over Davon Marshall|
- Liberty just does not have enough firepower to match up with the high scoring Keydets.
- All 5 VMI starters finished in double figures, paced by Stan Okoye’s 20.
- Big South Preseason Player of the Year Stan Okoye had a rather pedestrian night for him, 20 points and 10 boards.
- At least we fared better in the 2nd half than the 1st. The Flames lost the 1st half 38-28, while losing the 2nd half by only 3 points, 44-41.
- The game felt much more lopsided than the final margin of 13.
- Liberty had 4 players in double figures: Marshall (15), Sanders (14), Speaks (13), and Gielo (12).
- Davon Marshall shot the bell extremely well, going 5/7 from 3 point range. However, the point guard had just 1 assist and 3 turnovers.
- JR Coronado was solid with 8 points and 9 boards.
Liberty plays host to Coastal Carolina on Saturday at 6pm. The Chanticleers are 2-0 in the Big South with wins over Longwood and Presbyterian. The Flames desperately need a win to avoid falling to 0-3 in conference play with 2 home losses.