Liberty falls to 0-6 for the first time in the school’s Division I history after falling to Southern Miss 74-56. What we learned against Southern Miss:
- Liberty has not scored more than 59 points in a game this season and is averaging just 52 points per game so far this season.
- The Flames shot just 34% from the field and was 8/30 (26.7%) from 3 point land.
- For the 2nd consecutive game, Liberty starting lineup was Marshall, Roberts, JC Sanders, Speaks, and Coronado.
- For the first time this season only 6 players played 10 minutes or more in a game (the 5 starters and Sommy Ogukwe).
- John Caleb Sanders had his best game of the season so far as he scored 15 points on 5/12 shooting and 3/6 from 3.
- Davon Marshall struggled from the field for the first time this season as he only shot 2/11 and 2/10 from 3.
- JR Coronado with another solid performance of 7 points and 9 boards. He could be averaging a double double by the time conference play starts.
- Hopefully Tomasz Gielo will be able to return for Liberty’s next game.
Liberty returns the Vines Center on November 29th to face Morgan State.