We’re looking to add more writers to help us with our coverage of Liberty sports. Apply now!
Are you passionate about Liberty Flames sports? Are you willing to be a consistent writer and have your articles published on A Sea of Red?
If so, we’re looking for experienced, passionate sports writers to publish quality articles on ASOR and have the chance at becoming a regular contributor.
We’re looking to bring on several writers to our staff this summer/fall. We don’t provide pay to start, but we do provide opportunities to get credentialed to LU events if you write here long enough, including basketball, baseball, softball, and football games.
Internship opportunities are also available.
For interested writers: You will be able to write on one or more of the following: Basketball, football, women’s hoops, baseball, softball, recruiting, etc…. If you are an expert in just one sport that is fine. We will still be interested in hearing from you.
This is an entry-level position in sports media. Ideally, candidates will have at least one full year of writing experience at another blog, newspaper or writing service.
Strong knowledge of sports and a demonstrated ability to write in an online environment are musts.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong knowledge about LU sports
- Possesses excellent writing skills
- Has a nose for news, both in knowing what is important and identifying where to find it.
- Is able to write and publish quickly while remaining accurate.
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimal direction.
- Possesses solid communication skills.
- Is comfortable working in a virtual environment.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with the following info:
1. Full Name, Email Address, Topics/Sports interested in blogging about, Twitter handle, writing availability, and why you want to write for our site/network.
2. Examples of your posts and links to any previous work you have done.
3. Your resume and LinkedIn profile if you have one.
4. We will require an initial post for evaluations that we will publish on our site if it is suitable.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Note: A writing position here is not guaranteed.