- This would be the least favorable draw Liberty could possibly get with tournament host Coastal Carolina in the 1st round, and the best team in the conference (High Point) all in Liberty’s half of the bracket.
- Liberty is currently 1-5 this season against the 5 other teams in their half of the bracket.
- If I’m High Point I would hate this draw as well. The #1 seed in the North and they would likely have to play tournament host Coastal in their opening game. Tough draw for a #1 seed.
- Charleston Southern has a pretty decent draw. Their only hurdle would be UNC-Asheville in the semi’s, but CSU swept Asheville this season.
- It would be crazy if Campbell ends up with a 1st round bye after going through a 6 game conference losing streak in February.
If the Big South Tournament Were Today
In less than 2 weeks the Big South basketball tournament will tip-off from Coastal Carolina’s brand new HTC Center. There’s a brand new tournament format this season with 12 eligible Big South teams for the first time.
With just 2 conference games left for most, here’s a look at what the tournament bracket would look like if the season ended today:
A few thoughts about how this falls: